Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Springed Forward: Transitioning My Makeup


“The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy.”
― Yves Saint-Laurent 
 
The easiest transition from the harsh winter to the airy spring is changing up your makeup.
Some do it with color. Some do it with face products.
I like the fresh and bright approach. 
Here, I switch up a lot of my normal products to get my skin ready for Spring.
 
All the products I used will be listed below. Select products have the links attached for options on purchasing.
 
FACE PREP:
I'm trying out different products, and so far so good.
I start with my MARIO BADESCU Anti-Acne Serum (I've been experiencing a few break-outs)
Next, I prime my entire face with RIMMEL Stay Matte Primer
After that, I use MAYBELLINE Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer. I put this only wear I have noticeable pores.
Lastly, I prime my eyebrows (so they don't move) and I used Black Radiance Eyeshadow Primer
 
 

FACE:
COLOR CORRECT| MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo (Mid-Peach/Mid-Yellow) [I use Mid-Peach to color correct under my eyes and any dark spots)
FOUNDATION| LANCOME Teinte Idole 24 Hour Foundation (450 Suede)
CONCEALER| LANCOME EFFACERNES Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer 
UNDER EYE SETTING POWDER| BEN NYE (Cameo) Luxury Powder
FACE POWDER| MAC MSFN (Dark Golden)
CONTOUR| MAC Studio Fix Powder + Foundation (C8)
HIGHLIGHT| MAC MSF (Lightscapade)
BLUSH| NYX (Mocha) Blush

EYES:
BASE| MAC (Bronze) e/s
LID| MAC (Day Gleam) pressed pigment
BOTTOM LASH LINE| MAC (Bronze) e/s
CREASE| MAC (Always Sunny) prolongwear e/s
BROW BONE| MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NC42)/ MAC (Ricepaper) e/s
BROWS| Anatasia Beverly Hills (Brunette) Brow Wiz
MASCARA| MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash
 
LIPS:
LINER| MAC (Soar) lip pencil [filled in the entire lip]
LIPSTICK| Milani (Matte Innocence) lipstick [directly over the pencil]

SETTING SPRAY:
URBAN DECAY ALL-NGIHTER


This look is simple enough that you can alter it to fit various occasions. If you add black liner to the upper lash line and bottom water line and choose a more statement provoking lip color, this could easily be a night out or drink with the girls type of look.

I know I use a lot of prep products but this ensures that my makeup lasts until evening (or whenever I make it home). Those prep products give my makeup staying power. I recommend you trying different things and seeing what works for you and your skin.

This look could easily be done without lashes as well. I just opted for them today.

Springing up your makeup isn't as hard as it may seem. You don't need a million and one colors (though they are pretty). Just a little color in strategic places.

What's your spring makeup routine???

As always, thank you for visiting my blog.
All comments and feedback are accepted!
Ciao!
Xoxo




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for a great post and great ideas! I suffer from "too much shine"! I'm trying and will utilize your tips! Your makeup is flawless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for reading the blog. I suffer from extreme oily-ness as well. That's why I'm always searching for good primers for us. Gonna test some more out soon.

      Delete